PTA Home


What's happening at the PTA


Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2020: Principal's/Parent Breakfast
 
Please join us for our monthly Principal's/Parents Breakfast from 8:30 am to 9:30 am in the Principal's Conference Room (301). Principal Brian Condon will host this one-hour Q&A session and give a review of the school's upcoming events and news.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2020: PTA meeting
 
Refreshments and mingling from 6:15 pm to 6:30 pm. The formal meeting begins at 6:30 pm. Please see the agenda below.
  • Ms. Brustein, the Assistant Principal of Math, Science and Technology, will lead a panel discussion on our science courses with teachers Ms. Shen, Ms. Cooper, Mr. Raghunath, and Mr. Stern. Several students will participate. Q&A to follow.
  • PTA updates, Treasurer's Report, Fundraising, plans for the year
  • Report from Mr. Condon, Principal
  • Report from Dafne Manhart, Parent Coordinator on school news
  • Q&A with parents, and ideas for future meetings
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020: Please keep donating to the PTA
THHS fundraising barometer
  • Look at the graphic on the right. That's how much money the PTA has raised from our parents, friends, and supporters this year.
  • While $24,897 is a lot of money, IT STILL FALLS SHORT OF THE HIGH EXPECTATIONS WE HAVE FOR OUR CHILDREN.
  • For the 2019-20 academic year, the school's budget is $8.8 million. Did you know that 97% is used for teacher and staff salaries, and the remaining 3% is used for basic supplies and expenses?
  • VERY LITTLE (if any) is used for student activities, theater productions, clubs, robotic competitions, college trips, and other important activities which help our students become well-rounded people.
  • The PTA plays a CRUCIAL ROLE in filling this gap every single year.
  • YOU CAN HELP BY MAKING A DONATION TODAY. Just click here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 

For more details on the Amazon Smile program, please click here.

Please check what our sponsor KWELLER PREP is offering for our students to prepare for the SAT and ACT.
---------------------------
MERICA CONSULTING works with the Townsend Harris PTA to prepare our students for a bright future. To see their special educational offer, click here.
---------------------------
DONATE TO THE PTA WHILE SHOPPING ON AMAZON. For more details, click here.
---------------------------
VISIT THE PTA'S FACEBOOK PAGE by clicking here.