About the PTA
Welcome to the Townsend Harris High School Parent Teacher Association. We encourage your active participation and support. We also provide you with an excellent way to stay informed as to what is going on at school. How?
- The PTA facilitates communication between the home and school.
- The PTA plays an active role in enriching the educational, cultural, and social experience of our children by funding various projects and programs in the school.
- It educates and informs parents through a variety of workshops and meetings.
- It updates and distributes (free-of-charge) the annual PARENT HANDBOOK which complies important information into a single document, including test dates, grading policies, diploma requirements, the bell schedule, faculty offices, and much more. (Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the PTA did NOT publish a 2020-21 Parent Handbook.)
And none of these activities would be possible without your voluntary contributions.
Every parent/guardian of a THHS student is automatically a member of the PTA and has voting rights. You do not have to:
- apply to be a PTA member;
- fill out an application; or
- pay annual dues.
But your donations are absolutely essential for the success of the PTA mission. They help fund most of the wonderful activities our children enjoy and has made Townsend Harris High School the premier institution that it is. Donations are accepted all year round and are tax-deductible! To donate, please click here.
This is your PTA! Please join us and play an active role in our many projects.
For more details on the Amazon Smile program, please click here.