PTA Meetings & Minutes
What happens during PTA meetings and why should I attend?
We understand that, as parents, you have a full schedule, but meeting with us is easy and an important part of supporting your child's time at THHS. Our agenda includes:
- Principal Brian Condon and Parent-Coodinator Dafne Manhart presenting updates on our school;
- Assistant Principals discussing programming, budgets, other details;
- Experts providing strategies on college admissions and financial aid;
- Students speaking about unusual courses or activities, or to promote clubs;
- Elected officials speaking on educational issues that will affect our school; and
- Parents giving feedback and ideas to help influence and make improvements to Townsend Harris.
When do the meetings take place?
- We meet once a month on a Thursday evening (with light refreshments) in the student cafeteria downstairs on the first floor.
- Parents usually arrive starting at 6:30 pm, and the meeting itself starts at 7:00 pm. We usually end at around 8:00 pm or 8:30 pm.
- First meeting of the 2019-20 academic year: Thursday, September 19, 2019.
Where can I find minutes from past PTA meetings?
- See the downloadable files below.
- They are for the last three years.